|Jews are no longer allowed to workas independent craftsmen November 12, 1938|
Drivers licenses or automobileregistration belonging to Jews are void and must be returned. Dec. 3,1938.
To avoid criticism in connection with the1936 Olympic Games, signs with harsh language toward Jewish people weremomentarily removed.
- Beginning on April 1, 1933 localinsurance companies no longer cover treatments by Jewish doctors. March 31, 1933
- Jewish actors and actresses are no longer allowed to perform. March 4, 1934
- Jew are no longer allowed to obtain a Ph. D April 15, 1937
- Jewish doctors may no longer practice July 25, 1938
- Jewish children are expelled from public schools. November 15, 1938
- Jews are not allowed to use any of thepublic pools. December 3, 1938
All male Jews have to add “Israel” to their first name and all female Jews have to add “Sara.”August, 17, 1938
- Jews in Berlin are only allowed to buyfood between four and five o’clock in the afternoon July 4, 1940
- All Jews over the age of 6 have to wear the yellow star reading “Jew.” September 1, 1941
- Jews are not allowed to use public transportation during rush hour and any other time the volume of traffic was high. They are only allowed to sit down if no other passenger is still standing. September 18, 1941
- Jews are no longer allowed to buy newspapers and magazines. February 17, 1942
- Jews are not allowed to keep pets. May 15, 1942
|The German Rail (Deutche Reichsbahn) was used for the first mass deportation of Berlin Jews
October 18, 1941
First trains of deportees went directly into the exterminationcamp Auschwitz.
July 11, 1942
More about the exhibit and the artists can be found here.
What do you think of the exhibit? It has faced criticisms for being too subtle? Do you agree?