|Lesia and Wendy in Bavaria, Germany|
|Wendy and Lesia in Venice, Italy|
|Their route map. Traveling via plane, train and automobile|
|Lesia and Wendy in a Venetian Gondola|
|Wendy is WICKED with a map|
|Great food and champs fit for a queen in a Parisian Cafe|
While taking pictures of the amazing view in Zurich they met two Jam
aican women who also lived in the US. The women were on vacation traveling from Brussels to Rome.
Meeting Georgio and Alejandro in Venice, very handsome and scrumptious guides who treated them like queens and took them out dancing until the wee hours of the morning.
The bidets in almost all of their rooms. They became huge fans. LOL
Lovely conversation in a Parisian cafe with a West African dude who traveled the world and treated them to wine and cheese.
Amazing food! Drinking champagne and wine with almost every meal.
Driving through the tunnels of Switzerland and experiencing first hand that there is the light at the end of every tunnel.
Meeting friends everywhere they went, locals, tourist, didn’t matter they made connections in almost every city.
Driving 189 km an hour on the Autobahn (117 mph)
|Finally at the top of the Notre Dame in Paris|
Technology failed them, the navigation system went bonkers a few times, luckily Wendy was a whiz with maps.
Some creepy guy was following them around the city of Milan at night, they felt a bit uncomfortable but then they remembered they could protect themselves since Wendy knew self defense and Lesia knew “crazy”.
Every morning at their hotel in Paris different guests would ask them to get them tea as they both were mistaken for the help. :/
|Wendy and an amazing view in Italy|
- Take advantage of friends and family who live abroad. Knowing someone in a foreign country does not only have financial benefits but emotional ones. Having a connection in a place that is foreign to you makes it a bit easier to take such a big leap.
- When visiting Europe from the States take advantage of the close proximity of the different countries. One can easily see multiple cities due to the accessibility and transportation infrastructure.
- When traveling with friends make sure your personalities and strengths balance each other out. If one person is a good driver the other person should be good with maps and being the navigator. It’s about team work. Friends that you can only handle in small doses are not the ones to travel with!!!
- Set a budget. You have to travel with someone who has similar travel preferences. You don’t want to travel with someone who wants to do budget travel when you have a luxury accommodations in mind. Discuss your budget pre-travel and stick to it!
- Language barriers and cultural differences were challenges that enabled these ladies to discover a new level of resourcefulness. Wendy and Lesia both agreed that there is something liberating about navigating a foreign country.
|Thanks for the great team for sharing their story!|
If you have a story of travel and adventure or living abroad and want to be featured on nicoleisthenewblack.com send an email to email@example.com
Also be sure to follow me on twitter @nicolenewblack